My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

The fevered minds behind Arcana Soaps have been selling lavish distillations and ablutions since 2003. Our focus is on unparalleled skincare, exotic ingredients and delectable hand-blended scents.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

All About Limiteds

Several people have written to ask how limited editions work-- why they're limited, whether or not they'll come back, etc.

The answer is that they are all different. Some scents/soaps are made on a limited basis because I have a relatively small amount of an ingredient and want to do something interesting with it. Others are limited because I want to try something out, maybe even for half a year, but for various reasons (such as being difficult to make or containing especially costly ingredients) it's not something I necessarily want to make forever and ever. Still others are limited because they are seasonal and will generally hang around for the length of the season to which they relate. Obviously the latter are the most likely to make comebacks, though there are no guarantees. I do admit to getting a bit of nostalgia now and then for ye olde scent blends...

Speaking of limiteds, Guy Fawkes, Haint, Holy Terror and Little Ghoulie will no longer be available to our retailers after November 30th. The retailers will probably continue to have stock past that point, although one never knows. It all depends on how much they ordered and how fast they sell out of the remainder of their stock.

The holiday blends will start to be available at the end of November. They will stay available to the retailers until mid-January, but again, it's a case of how fast they sell through their stock, whether or not they reorder, whether or not the postal carrier gets hijacked by soap-craving highwayman and avid, deranged perfumistas, and many other variables.

xoxo,
Julia

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Holy Terror" is simply beautiful; its mysterious, haunting, evocative and very sexy, in its own way. I know its a limited edition, but would LOVE to see you make this one of your permanent scents!!!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for the Holiday blends .... I can't wait!!
Can you tell us what they are so we can plan ahead? I have been stalking MO for the update. lol.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Hi, thanks for the nice compliment! I'm really liking Holy Terror too, but right now the plan is to keep it Autumn-only. To me, it makes holidays & seasons more fun when you have special things that only come out during those times.

:)
Julia

8:47 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Re: the holiday blends. Oh, how I want to tell you... but I just can't ruin the surprise like that. ;)

Kisses,
Julia

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see other sellers carrying your oils--it made my day to see your layering notes (especially Eggnog) on Magical Omaha!! Take care, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Gale

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hints? Pretty please? *blinks big eyes*

I'm currently waiting on an order of Anodyne (LOVE what you did with that one and Lost For Words) and Little Ghoulie and can't wait to see what you have waiting in the wings.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Thanks Gale! Happy Thanksgiving to you too, my dear!

Maggie, when you blink at me like that, how can I refuse? OK, here's a hint about the holiday blends: they smell great. In fact, I'm wearing one right now. It smells like... hmmm... how to describe it... damn, I'm drawing a complete blank. I swear, I'm trying to give hints here, I really am. ;)

xo,
Julia

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deranged Lavender Fields obsessor again: How much does the Lavender single note smell like LF? I gather LF has a touch of things other than Lavender in it, because I don't usually like Lavender, but maybe my nose is off?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Hi there Miss Deranged,

There's actually no Lavender Fields-- I think the soap you're thinking of is probably Lavender Romp. Yes, the Romp has some other essential oils in it besides lavender. I'd say the lavender layering note is pretty different. Both nice herbal lavenders, but different. You should email me, though, and we will figure out this lavender thing together.

The good news is that I'm planning another limited run for good ole Lavender Romp soap sometime in the new year.

:)
Julia

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia, if you don't want to spoil the surprise of *what* the Holiday blends are. . .can you tell us when we might expect them to debut? We're all just excited like, well, like kids at Christmas! :D

with many thanks for such great smells,
Julie

5:01 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Hi Julie,

I can only say when I'll make them available to Arcana's retailers (November 30th), but it's up to them when they'll put them out in their stores and/or up on their sites. Some retailers might take a few days to do that. OTOH, some store owners take orders in advance of when they actually receive the physical product, so you might see descriptions posted for them a day or so early.

You're very welcome for the smells!
Julia

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So close....

Soon all will be revealed!

I loved the Halloween scents. Can't wait to see what's up for the holidays!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Finny321 said...

"the postal carrier gets hijacked by soap-craving highwayman and avid, deranged perfumistas, and many other variables."


How did you know about my nefarious scheme to get all the Arcana perfume?

I'm looking forward to seeing what is new for the holidays, hopefully one of the etailers will update with the new blends quickly!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweets, Monica from BadTable Manor here. I'm still missing the Revival scent. Do you have another scent that's really really "peachy"?

If you'd like to email me, here I am: badtablemanor@cox.net

Merci!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home