My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

The fevered minds behind Arcana Soaps have been selling lavish distillations and ablutions since 2003. Our focus is on unparalleled skincare, exotic ingredients and delectable hand-blended scents.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Announcements

Now that we've stopped unintentionally flashing you with the new scents and soaps, let's get down to brass tacks.

First of all, Gathering Day perfume and soap will come down when the update goes up, which should be around 9 AM PST.

Secondly, having received a number of reports of Spitfire perfume burning, hurting and generally molesting the sensitive-skinned, we are removing it. However, since I realize that many people already love this scent and are able to use it with nary a whimper, it will still be available via special order in 5 and 10 ml bottles only (no samples). My hope is that this will discourage the innocent and unsuspecting from buying Spitfire and possibly hurting themselves, while still keeping it accessible for you cinnamon-loving adrenaline junkies out there who already use it. To purchase Spitfire perfume, you can simply place any other scent in your cart and put a note in the comments section of your order saying: "Please replace the 5 ml of _____ in my order with a 5 ml of Spitfire. Danger is my middle name." OK, you don't have to include that last part. Comments will be enabled in the cart shortly.

Spitfire soap is still available.

Also, Grasshopper finally earned its wings and will be moving into the permanent line-up in the update.

Finally, we are taking a much-needed break. In approximately 1 week, the retail site will be shutting down for an extended vacation. We will be back up in mid to late September. I realize some of you might feel as if you've only just found us and here we are going away already, but please keep in mind that we've actually been going full throttle for 3 years now without stopping. So it's time for some R & R. However, we will not only spend our time lying around with cold compresses on our foreheads babbling unintelligibly about sweet myrrh, Australian clays and priority tracking numbers. Not at all. We will also be moving Arcana Soaps into a much larger production space, completely redesigning the website, and putting the finishing touches on some devastatingly fabulous new items.

I'm sorry, but during our break, no retail orders will be accepted via email. Our wholesale business will continue, but processing may be slightly slower than normal. We will still be answering your emails, and will gladly try to fix any problems you might have, but, again, responses may be slightly delayed (remember the cold compress thing?). We heartily encourage you to visit the many wonderful shops and e-commerce sites which carry our wares. You might even see some new Arcana offerings.

You will hear more from us about our exact closing date and time very soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this announcement might cause.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite excited about this update. I bought a couple of times from you guys a while back (Breakfast in Hollywood is one of my stock summer 5 mls) and I always experienced the best service. I'm really curious to see what pops up. :)

2:53 AM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Awww, thanks Maggie!

xo,
Julia

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am really excited about this week's update! You all really deserve a break! I'll be happily awaiting whatever surprises you have for us in September! :) So that means, I have your permission to buy a lot, to stock up, right? :)

Ah Xia

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about Grasshopper. I love the soap, so refreshing!

Spitfire, I have a 10ml I love it so much. Only burns on me if I apply right after showering. Glad to know I can still get reinforcements when I start running low! ;)

You all deserve a vaction. I must make an outlandish order when the update goes up...

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to see that Grasshopper is a permanent scent, although the boyfriend will be disappointed that he won't be able to keep it until next year then sell it on eBay for £300, which is exactly what he said when I gave him his soap. ;)

Enjoy your break, you two.

Lotty
xx

7:49 AM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Ah Xia, yes! We will try to make it worth your while!

Finny, I'm so glad you like Spitfire! My skin is ridiculously easy to offend and yet I can cover myself in Spitfire with no problem. (So can Will, but that means nothing as his skin is really hardy. The man doesn't even get the point of lotion.)

Lotty, I was especially thinking of you when I wrote that about our green friend!

xo,
Julia

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any problem w/ Spitfire, execpt when I accdently put some on a patch of dry skin! guess i won't do that again!

So happy about Grasshopper!

juliana

9:19 AM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Juliana,

That's a positive sign that your uber-sensitive skin can (mostly) deal with the fiery goodness.

Put some shea butter on those dry patches!

xo,
J.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home