My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

The fevered minds behind Arcana Soaps have been selling lavish distillations and ablutions since 2003. Our focus is on unparalleled skincare, exotic ingredients and delectable hand-blended scents.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lord Ganesha and... yes, more shipping updates

All domestic and international orders through July 13th have been shipped. Happily, we are a little ahead at the moment.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience or disappointment this causes, but Ganesh will continue to be out of stock in both soap and perfume for about six more weeks. It will be reintroduced sometime around the end of August with a whole new scent. This is occuring because one of the key ingredients which used to go into Ganesh is no longer available. I have spent the last few weeks searching high and low for something similar, but after much product testing, nothing has proven acceptable. We could have simply dropped this item from our line, but I'm just too in love with our elephant-headed friend to let him go that easily-- thus the new scent. I'm testing various recipes at the moment, and new Ganesh may turn out to be something much sweeter and foodier, or very herbal, or with a big old snootful of jasmine in it. We'll see.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lucky for me Ganesh is one I hadn't tried yet. But I'd be more than happy to see a snootful of jasmine show up!

Off-topic question - I see on QandQ's website some scents that aren't avalable on yours (Ginger Dragon, Lavender romp, something else). Were these discontinued, or were they special-makes for that store?

Thanks,
RBR

1:02 PM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Hi RBR!

Yeah, I think they have Ginger Dragon, Casbah and Lavender Romp. The first 2 are discontinued, but the Q and Qers still have some left.

Lavender Romp is basically in the same situation, except that it might not be gone for good. It's something I keep trying to discontinue (or at least make wholesale-only) on the basis that one-note soaps are not what we do. Some of our customers deeply disagree with me on this point, however, and so does Will, so I may yet cave and bring Lavender Romp back into the fold.

Thanks,
Julia

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, snootful of jasmine! That would be, well, divine!!!

Ah Xia

9:35 AM  
Blogger Arcana Soaps said...

Good one, Ah Xia! That makes me want to use a whole trunkful of jasmine!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I will be the very first in line to buy it, after all this :)

Ah Xia

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home